Monday, July 26, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to Stubborn Dads.

Let me introduce myself. I'm a father of two and stubborn. It's a common trait in my family -- I come from a long line of stubborns. Mr. Webster defines us as: (1) unreasonable or perversely unyielding, or (2) justifiably unyielding. I prefer number (2) because I'm neither unreasonable nor perverse, yet always justified. You may have a different view.

In any event, I've welcomed myself to cyberspace to espouse my views for your reading and disagreeing pleasure. It's my prerogative, correct? This is my blog. I can say what I choose. Your opinion is relevant here too, but don't think you'll change my mind. Because you won't. I'm stubborn that way.

In this particular blog, and for some time to come, I hope to impart my "wisdom" regarding fatherhood. In particular, I'll focus on the gadgets invented to make life easier for us stubborn dads. Baby gadgets are what I think most men adapt to most quickly, because it's the closest thing to wiring surround sound or installing a flat-screen TV. And in a way, being a dad is a lot like assembling baby toys. It's a big mess at first, but then it all comes together.

So we'll proceed as follows: I'll pick a gadget, give you the scoop on what's available, tell you what makes or breaks each product, and give you my stubborn conclusion. I won't guarantee that I've had personal experience with each product, but I will guarantee that I'll have an opinion.

Whether you agree or not, please join the discussion. Let us stubborn dads unite. Together, we can argue over whose right or wrong, and when we agree, justify almost anything.

No comments: